Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My heart = bummer deal.

Well, I got a little bit of crappy news today.

To make a long story short, after having my heart surgery a year ago in April I was feeling awesome! Hardly any migraines, lots of energy, and just feeling good in general.

These last few months however, have not been as great. I have been exhausted all the time...like lethargic tired. And bummer of bummers my migraines have been a lot worse, sometimes two a week. The other issue is every time I tried to exercise I would get lightheaded, tightness in my chest, short of breath, and chest pains. And actually, it wasn't just when I exercised, but every time my heart rate went up.

This went on for a while and I kept putting off calling the doctor because I thought it would just go away and I was just being wimpy. Monday, I parked pretty far away because I had extra time before class and thought I would just get some extra exercise in. If you know the stairs at BYU just down from Brick Oven, you know there are a lot, but do-able. When I got to the top of those stairs I could not catch my breath and felt like for sure I would pass out. Dumb, dumb.

The rest of the night I felt like I was out of my own body with a very intense migraine and started acting pretty weird like I would get when I was having TIA's (mini-stroke) before. I guess it was time to call the doc.

Today I went here:



And had to have a lot of tests done. Mainly a stress test and a bubble echo.
They put you on a treadmill with all of these leads on you and get your heart really pumping. Looks like this...with maybe not such a cool office :).

Also, side note...you have to wear no top with just a taped hospital gown. Kind of embarrassing and pretty funny. I got a few good jokes in about that one...running as a female is not a pretty site in a hospital gown.



Since the cardiologist that was there is not my doctor we couldn't get a complete diagnosis and plan of action. But I did find out that bubbles are showing up where they are not supposed to be which means the hole did not seal. Also, when I exercise my heart beats weird. Instead of lub dub - lub dub - lub dub, it goes lub dub dub - lub dub dub...haha make sense? I am not really sure what that means, but I know it feels weird.

What a bummer.

I guess the good news is I do have a reason for feeling so crappy and an explanation.

Hopefully we can get it fixed soon because I just really want to feel the way I did again. It is tough to be disappointed again and to have to re-live what I thought was in my past.

So! Updates soon. Hopefully it will be a happy ones!

If you just feel like you want to send a few extra prayers my way, I totally wouldn't object.

2 comments:

Heart Mommy said...

Sorry your lub-dub dub isn't working right!! Lub you! Feel better soon! Of course prayers your way!

Kayla said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that! Does that mean you are going to have another surgery to fix it for good this time!? You have definately had your fair share of frustration with health stuff! you are so amazing though, you always have such a good attitude and are always looking on the bright side of things! I definately admire you for all of that! Prayers coming your way!