Thursday, August 12, 2010

Final MTC letter before she left for Cali!!!


Hellllooo All!!!
 
Oh how I love P-days because I get to think about my cute little fam and friends all day! Can you believe it?! Tomorrow I enter the real field!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!! Nervous in some ways but not in others. I know that we will probably be knocking doors as soon as we get there and I am nervous about that. But also not because I am confident in the Lord and I know he will help me! This week has been simply amazing. I have learned so much and been so close to the spirit. We have had some amazing experiences, especially teaching one of our "investigators" Brigitta. It was awesome and I have never felt the spirit help me so much ever. It is amazing as you become such an instrument how much the things you need to say just completely roll out of your mouth. Sometimes I would stop and think...."uhhmmm, ok that was NOT me saying that. I don't even know what I just said." But then I would see her crying a little and I knew it came from the Lord. This work is amazing, and with that being said it was also a really hard week too...when is it not? This mission is supposed to be hard! We watched an awesome talk by Elder Holland that changed my view on missionary work once again. One of my fave quotes he said,
 
"If we are going to be his disciples we better have some proof of spending some time in that garden. That means some tears shed and some frustration...but at the end of our missions we will be able to stand and say, 'I have suffered the will of the Father."
 
Thank you to all for all of you letters! I can't tell you how much they mean to me and for all the nice packages!! I am so grateful for so much support.
 
That is true!! These were meant to be hard and I love it so much. I am challenged with something new every day.
This gospel is SOOO incredibly true. I love it so much I can hardly stand it. The Savior lives!! Joseph Smith restored the true church. I know it. I PROMISE he did!! I love you bits and bunches!!
 
LOVE SISTER GOULDIE!
 
 

1 comments:

p andersen said...

I can feel and hear Sister Gould's testimony as she writes. She is going to be GREAT in this Work! Love her to bits and bunches, too!