Monday, March 5, 2012

Blogging??

Wow. I don't even know what blogging is anymore. I have not been on here in a really, really long time. I was reading through everyone's blogs trying to catch up on your life like a crazy person forever today. I was even sick for a whole week and was honestly feeling too terrible and too miserable to even look through them...so I did today. For too long.

Lately, I always blog like this. Put it off, and then throw in all this random stuff that has been going on in my life. Honestly, I have been really bad since my mission at writing down my life in a journal and my blog helps me remember what went on when so I can at least try and catch up.

So here it goes....

I guess first things first, I have to talk about work...it has been mostly all I have been doing lately. It is wonderful, but seriously has been taking up all of me. All I do is think about old people...and how to keep them entertained. And loved. And not grumpy. And at least somewhat enjoying this difficult time of life.

When I was gone last week I was dreaming about them every night. Shouldn't I be dreaming about brown men?? Or vacationing in Hawaii?? That's what I thought.

So here are so great stories I have been meaning to post.

1. I have some kids from Juvenile Detention that like to come in each week and do BINGO with them. They are totally sweet and really great with the elderly. Well, one day I decided to take a few of them over to the Alzheimer's Unit so they could come and get some biographies and stories about their lives. I walk them in and one girl was wearing a pretty low shirt and this is what happened:

Me: Hi Grandma! I brought some friends to meet you. Can you tell them about life on the farm?

Resident: Well, Yes! Come in and sit down. Welcome, welcome. First things first, (pointing to the girl), you're tits are hanging out.

Me: Grandma! Be nice.

(Girl, blushing....like crazy).

Resident: I am being nice!

Parole officer: Well, at least I didn't have to tell her.

Haha.


2. I walk in one morning and one of my favorite residents is sitting on the couch. I wave excitedly to her and give her a big "good morning!" greeting. She yells back:

"Oh my word! Good gracious almighty it's ma-daughter in law! Get over here!"

Pretty sure I am not. It's ok...you just go with it.


3. I was running around trying to hurry and get things done. My back was turned and I hear this voice from the couch...

Resident: "Tafta. Tafta! Tafta?? TAFTA!!"

Me: **turn around confused** "Are you talking to me??"


Resident: "Well that's your name isn't it?"

No....but I also don't tell her that.



4. I had the residents in a circle doing some reminiscing. This is such an amazing activity for people with Dementia. I throw the ball to them and ask them questions about their past and I have had some great experiences with this. It was around Valentine's day and so I wanted to ask them about some of their traditions that they did with their family.

This is how it went:

Me: "So what was your most romantic tradition that you did with your husband on Valentine's day?? (I realize now this was a bad question...since there is no filter I truly could have gotten MANY interesting answers.)

Resident:"Ohhhhh feeding the cows and the pigs and the chickens..."

Me: "Wow! How romantic!"

Resident: "Oh ya, nothing is more romantic then watching my husband work!"

So funny.

Enough about my job.


I got to go to St. George and see all my best girl friends from Dixie. So great. I feel so happy that I had such amazing years at Dixie and that we have stayed so close through missions and marriage and moving. We are missing some here and there, but for the most part we were all together and it was amazing.





I also know I have for surely turned into an old lady because I used to stay up so late every night playing and having so much fun. That weekend nearly killed me staying up.



Next, I found out I got in to BYU!


I am pretty excited to finish my Bachelor's here. I also can't believe how many schools will have gone to when all is said and done. I can definitely say I have been led every step of the way!


And finally, my sweet brother is here from out of town. It has been so good to see him and we have laughed...a lot. For those of you who no him he is doing incredible and I am sad to see him go back.

Also, look at his awesome hair. We did it in a fro tonight and were laughing so hard. And yes, it is totally real.



I want him to put on leopard pants and start singing, "I'm Sexy and I Know It". Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle wiggle, wiggle. Yes.

All and all life has been pretty good.

And I will be better at blogging...for my sake at least.

Happy Monday!

1 comments:

Zane and Cami said...

Oh how I miss hearing your old folks' stories. Love every one of them. And miss you like ca-razy.