Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Makes me so mad.

I am not going to lie to you, I am super, super annoyed.
The knee that has been giving me so much grief and had 2 knee surgeries is
back to being an issue again...of course.
Well, it was super swollen and in so much pain with a wicked
loud snap every time I bend it.
It was decided I would go to the doctor again and get it looked at.
Let me say, it was not fun in the least bit.
I pretty much got a sucky picture painted about the future and my knee...
eventually my meniscus is going to tear again.
Because I have abnormally flexible joints, my meniscus continues to get caught and
inflamed making the rest of my knee really, really mad.
SO he decided in this visit that he would drain a lot of fluid off
and inject it with cortisone.
Luckily he numbed it....but that was the painful part.
I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but that shot pain clear to the hip.
He decided that if this helps then every time it gets swollen we will need to drain it again.
If it doesn't...another knee scope to see what is going on.
Lose - lose situation for sure.
What does that total kids?
Well, (drum roll please) a grand total of:
3 knee surgeries on the left knee
1 surgery on the right knee
Totaling 4 knee surgeries in less than a year and a half.
Also the awesome news is that pretty much nothing high impact.
That means no running, no hiking, no sports, no treadmill, no skiing/snowboarding:
biking or eliptical only.
Ever.
Because apparently this will be an issue for life.
Awesome.

And that makes me really, really, REALLY mad. 

0 comments: