Sunday, January 23, 2011

Home from the mission for a time...

Sooo here is the story....

I have been making up these crazy blogs to try and keep it really quiet that I have actually been home since Dec 23rd for these really debilitating migraines. I REALLY wanted to stay out in the mission, but as much as I begged and pleaded the President made me come home. Actually, it was really crazy because he called my companion the night before and said this

President Martin: "Sister Madubueze, tell Sister Gould I am coming to visit her in the morning."
Sister M: "Do you want me to have you call you tonight?"
Preside Martin: "No, just tell her I am coming in the morning."

Well, they came to pick me up the member's house I was staying at and she told me the news that he was coming. My heart fell to my stomach and I was as nervous as I could be and my migraine spiked to an all time high. I didn't sleep that night and my mind and heart turned to full out prayer...I knew as the Lord spoke to me that I was going home. It was all in the plan....peace filled my soul.

The next day my President came with his sweet wife and asked me how I was doing. I admitted that the migraine had not stopped and it had been two weeks of nothing but straight pain. They had knocked me out twice with a strong shot of a narcotic called Nubaine for 24 hours straight but had not stopped the cycle of the migraine. Then I had been on 2 weeks of Norco and nothing even touched the hellish ordeal of the migraine. He told me, "Sister Gould, I have been praying about what to do with you. There are not doctors here in the desert to handle this case. I have been consulting with your parents and with missionary medical and we feel it best to get you on a plane. I have also been consulting with the Lord and he likes to stretch missionaries, but he also likes to tell me when enough is enough...and he says it is enough. Can you handle being put on a plane today?"

Well...he had me on a plane by 4:35 pm that day. Tears streamed down mine and my companions face as I went through security.

My head felt like it filled the plane as we left the was almost too much pressure to handle.

I wept as I saw my mom. It was so many emotions! It was soooo good to see her, but I REALLY didn't want to be home. I wanted to be teaching and knocking on doors and having a Christmas in the mission field calling from our mission.

Well, here I have been, and it has been really hard and also a really big blessing. I have been taught more in this time than I can even explain. Only a few people have known because we really didn't want my health to define me.  I have had health challenges before, and this was another bump in the road. We really are getting things figured out, but these chronic migraines/hormones are tough to figure out. They are extremely debilitating and it takes a lot out of me....HOWEVER, I know I am getting better and I have had so many amazing blessings that have promised me that I would be healed and that Heavenly Father has a plan for me. What that plan is...I don't know. But I DO know, that this has been by divine design. That there have been SO many reasons for me to come home and I have seen it almost every other day...I just take it a day at a time and let the Lord show me why.

Pray for me will you??


Zane and Cami said...

Done and Done. Oh how I love you!

Jasmine said...

I love you sheltz and im praying for you! I hope you get to feeling better ASAP and can get out there again soon. You are amazing and strong and have handled so many hard trials already.