Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Liebster? Huh?




Well, what a cute little surprise. That darling Rylee Blake nominated me for the Liebster award for my blog! I have no idea what a Liebster is, but it kind of sounds like "Biebster" so it feels like a pretty big deal...haha. 

Apparently how this works is that it is given to blogs who have 200 public followers or less. It is a way to get your blog out an get a few more followers as your blog is growing. Very angelic (as my sister would say)!

Here are the rules:

- Must list 11 things about yourself
- Must answer the 11 questions the nominee made for you
- Choose 11 of your own favorite blogs to nominate.
- Create questions for them to answer and let them know they are nominated.

So here goes nothin, Liebster!


11 things about Cheltz.

1. I absolutely love rap music.
I'm not usually your stereotypical rap lover, but I get quite a kick out of it.
For some reason if I hear something, I memorize it really easily...
especially music lyrics and movie lines.
My favorite thing to do is memorize rap songs and bust out every. single. word. for people.
Especially when they least expect it.

I wish you could see their faces. 


2. I have a lot of embarrassing moments. Quality embarrassing moments.
See post HERE.

3. I cannot, and will not go to bed until my nightly ritual has occurred.
This consists of:
- generally a bowl of cereal
-brushing of teeth
- washing the face
- taking the contacts out, 
- chapstick and lotion (a MUST),
- telling my family "love ya, ga-night"
 - writing a few things I am grateful for
(and ya, maybe checking Facebook. #addicted).

And even then after all of that, I still have the worst insomnia known to man.
That's where sleeping meds have been a gift to me.

4. Speaking of sleep, if I could change only one single thing in my life, 
it would be the ability to sleep at night.

Hands down. 

My body is weird (duh) and since about 7th grade I have been able to sleep any time of day
.....until about after 9 PM. 
 All of the sudden I am wide awake!
I stopped taking naps to try and get my cycle in sync, to no avail. 

5. I have an incredibly over active conscience.
Always have, probably always will.

Sometimes it is good, and other times it has caused a lot of anxiety over spilt milk. 

6. I'm pretty sentimental and have saved every letter/card/note I have ever been given.

Seriously.

I think because I have had so many people pass away in my life, I just want to keep any and all piece of memory of every person that ever took the time to think of me. 

Yes, I even have all of those notes from 7th grade we passed from locker to locker.
They are just too funny and too great to throw away. 

7. I don't like sweets or chocolate very much.

I know, right?

I honestly cannot think of a time I have ever eaten an entire candy bar in one sitting.
I would honestly probably throw up. 

 I think it is due to my mom not feeding me sugar when I was a baby.
Yup, she was one of those moms.

People always say, "wow! You are so lucky, I wish I didn't crave sweets!"
Not really, because I just crave salty things instead, which is probably worse.

8. I have been to 49 states. 

Yep, never been to Alaska.

But I owe much of that to driving cross country when I was little and 3 week road trips with 
my grandma every summer where we would try and hit as many states as we could.
We even would stop every place we wanted to along the way.

It was magical.

I love to travel and have amazing memories from around the world.
Don't tempt me with cool places to go.
In my mind, I am already there.

9. I have had 10 surgeries and a lot of painful procedures done, 
but cannot handle the dentist or shots in my mouth. 
My anxiety goes through the roof even to have a cleaning done. 
I don't understand this??

10. I didn't used to be, but have turned into quite the clean freak.
I love to clean.
I love to have all my stuff in R.O.Y.G.B.I.V. order and lame stuff like that.
I can't handle if my bed isn't made anymore when I leave my house.
Kinda good, kinda lame. 


11. Man, I can't think of 11!


Here are Rylee's questions...


1. if you could do anything and money was no matter, what would you do?

Definitely travel all over the world seeing new things and learning and doing humanitarian work.
 It sounds so cliche, but nothing makes me happier than helping others.
 Especially kids who have not a chance in the world to make it in third world countries.
Nothing is like holding a child and loving them with a different kind of love than I can even explain.
Most of the kids in the orphanages I worked in had never been held or told 'I love you'. It is an incredible experience and I would just love nothing more than to do that for the rest of my life. 

I just said love a lot in that paragraph, but I really do love it so much!

2. what is your favorite memory?
Probably Africa.
Or my mission.
Or experiences with each family member.
Or going through the temple.
Or all my amazing times at Dixie.
I don't know! I have so many. Can't answer that!

3. who has made the biggest impact on who you are today?
My parents.
My parents are so incredible and have taught me so much!
I know everyone says that, but really my parents are the best.
They have done so much for me and taught me so many lessons and have strengthened me so much.
I adore them.

4. if you could be any celebrity, who would you be and why?
Oh this is easy...Oprah!
I love that lady.
I would love to just have zillions of dollars and give so much away.
So fun!

5. favorite holiday
Christmas and Halloween
Really I love all holidays though.

6. favorite movie
The Grinch.

7. who is your biggest role model?
Still my parents :)

8. where is the best vacation location?
Hawaii and Thailand

9. what goals do you have for the next year?
Get all of my health issues out of the way, graduate, be better at budgeting, and get skinny (kinda hard when I can't exercise...oh well! I will get there one day.) 

10. what were you like in high school? 
Super involved in everything, especially student government and Operation Smile.
I really had such a great high school experience and had amazing friends that I am still very close with today. I really don't know how I got so lucky to love high school so much! But I sure did.
I feel like I had friends in every kind of group and that it wasn't as cliquey as a lot of other schools.
I really loved that. Good experience all around. 

11. What makes you happy?
So many things make me happy! I am grateful for so many amazing things in my life.
Mostly family and good friends and my little Scuddles and pushing myself and accomplishing goals.
I am also happy when I am meeting new people and serving and living the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I'm just happy!
That's all. 

I nominate these kids:





1 comments:

Lia said...

I can't remember if you ever saw my scrapbook of every letter anyone has ever sent me. I also have binders full of high school passed notes. Haha. Old notes are the best!!