Saturday, July 10, 2010

In other news BESIDES Thailand....

I am most definitely leaving on a mission in less than a week and a half. You can be sure of that! And so am I. It is kind of weird and I am all of the sudden ridiculously nervous. This nervousness and business have accounted to one put to the side blog.



Top twelve things I have have learned about getting ready to go on a mission:

1. No one can stop asking you if you have filled up your canteen yet, or if you need help filling it. Aka, have you made out?

2. You can actually find some fairly cute outfits which fit all the mission guidelines.

3. Nylons never have been, and never will be comfortable. Buying them is worse. We sat in the nylon isle for a good solid hour picking out between "town toupe" and "barely nude". Ick.

4. You must ALWAYS try on at least one terrible dress. One that can either help you sing "I Hope They Call Me On a Mission", with more gusto, or one in particular sing, The Sound of Music and officially be cast in their show.

5. There is a lot more to be done than you think and a lot more money involved than you hoped for.

6. Parents are extremely helpful and do a lot for you when you decide to go on a mish. Thanks Mom and Dad for everything!

7. Everywhere you go people want to know where you are going and then talk to you about it for about 20 minutes, if you are a stranger. If you are a neighbor, those conversations tend to get quite lengthy because they say they probably won't see you at your farewell so this is our goodbye. I end up seeing them double than normal that week.

8. The more it gets down to the wire, the less I feel like I am really going.

9. That I feel super inadequate to teach the gospel.

10. How terrified I am to teach around Prop 8 in California.

11. How much I am going to miss my rad friends who have just been through it all with  me and my parents, and brother's and sisters...and everyone! I get teary, honest-tee when I think about it.

12 AND HOW FREAKIN' EXCITED I AM!! I am pumped and ready to spread the good news of the gospel like you would not believe!

 Hope to see some of you at my farewell next Sunday the 18th at 9!

More later...

0 comments: