Friday, May 22, 2009

Some people I really like....


Oprah Winfrey

"I've come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that's as unique as a fingerprint - and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you."


Martin Luther King Jr.

"I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word. "



Mother Teresa

"Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work."



Rosa Parks

"Each person must live their life as a model for others."


Marjorie Hinckley

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautiful tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt form making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my nails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheek and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "


Bill and Kathy Magee

Founders of Operation Smile


Eva Peron (Evita)

"I have one thing that counts, and that is my heart; it burns in my soul, it aches in my flesh, and it ignites my nerves: that is my love for the people and Peron."


These are some of my heros.
Who are some of yours?

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

cheltz. i have goosebumps, and i love these quotes...i'm still thinking about our great conversation late last night, and am re-inspired to not give up. (also im sitting here at work which helps too) you're such a good friend who knows how to inspire me, aaand knows when to let me be discouraged when im too stubborn to be changed. everyone needs a cheltz in their life! love you dearly