Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Going the distance.

This weekend Cami Jensen's (one of my bestest best friends and roommate) boyfriend came down this weekend.
I found this as a perfect opportunity to meet a man.
So I ask him, "Zane! Don't you have a good guy that you want to set me up with?!"
Now, he is not the one to make sarcastic comments and has to be one of the nicest guys I know.
He, with his very most serious face says,
"Ok, ok, I can do that. So, how far are you willing to go?"
Well, he MEANT distance (since he lives in Logan)...however, that is NOT the first thing I thought of.

In fact, 3 things passed through my mind almost instantaneously.
#1. Is he serious?!
#2. (remember, he doesn't really make sarcastic comments) Wow! That was really quick, and REALLY funny
#3 He has no idea what he just said.

Me and Cam burst into laughter.
I immediately replied, "I'm definitely a second baser. I for sure go for second base."

Let me just say, he went really red, really quick.

It was classic.

6 comments:

Zane and Cami said...

Oh how I love my innocent Zane Fairbanks!

Lia said...

Haha. That's the funniest thing I've ever heard! Poor Zane!

Ashley said...

hahahahaha! cam, he sounds like a winner!

Kayla said...

hahha! funny story! when I first read the title I thought of Hercules... I can go the distance!! I love that movie. ahha

Meg said...

Now that is HYSTERICAL!! Way to think quick Chels!!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, and that story was too funny!