Friday, June 20, 2008

My Papa Gould


Last night Papa came over to give me a blessing before the surgery and stay the night at our house. I was just watching him and thinking about all the things I love about him. Here are just a few!

1. I love that he loves Sees dark chocolate more than life itself.
2. That he puts a piece of chocolate in each of the little pill compartments so that he can have his "chocolate fix" each morning, noon, dinner, and bedtime (those are what each of his compartments say). Even though he still eats chocolate in between each of those too!
3. That he loves to sing this song to me since I was little as loud as he can every time he sees me. The lyrics that go a little somethin' like this: "Oh Chelsea Gould! My Chelsea Gould!". Over and over again and it still never made sense REALLY why he was singing that, but I love it!
4.That no matter what outfit he is wearing, you can always find one chocolate stain.
5. How much he loves Hawaii and Honolulu, and his deep heritage.
6. How he frequently gets choked up just when he looks at one of his grandkids.
7. That he calls at least 4 times a day just to tell us what he ate at the Seville (which is like the worst bland food in the world!).
8. His pigeon accent.
9. How he frequently talks about "plate lunch" from Matiki's, L and L, and Patti's kitchen in Waikiki.
10. How you will always find him asking if we can listen to Hawaiian music wherever we go.
11. That he loves to tell the same stories over and over again.
12. That he loves to help other people.

This list could go on forever about the things I adore about my Papa Gould. Filled with quirks, and funny things he has said, and the best experiences I have been able to share with my grandpa. I am lucky he is MY Papa Gould. :)

1 comments:

Julie Wilding said...

oh my goodness i love this man! and you.